The Rijeka School of Croatian Studies organises and carries out assessment of the Croatian language and Latin script. Tests of Croatian as a second or foreign language are intended for candidates who need a certificate of proficiency in Croatian in order to obtain a residence permit, enrol in Croatian universities, validate foreign degrees, find employment, obtain citizenship, and for other purposes.
Instructions for Croatian language and Latin script test-takers
- Candidates apply for exams by completing an application form in the Student Office at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , University of Rijeka (room F-225, 2nd floor), University Campus, Trsat, Sveučilišna avenija 4, Rijeka (information: Tel. No. 265-883, Mrs. Nara Jurčić);
- To register for the exam, candidates must present a valid document (passport or other document with which they can cross the state border);
- Fee for the exam of the Croatian language and Latin script for foreigners is 1075.00 kn, starting with March 1st 2012;
- The fee should be paid by a payment slip to the account of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Rijeka, Sveučilišna avenija 4, Model: 00, Number of the Account of Recipient: 2360000-1101536455, reference number: 6615153-07, Description of payment: exam for foreigners;
- Students have to register for an exam no later than ten days before the examination date on presentation of the payment slip and document mentioned in item no. 2 of the Instructions;
- Exams will be held at the premises of the Department of Croatian at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences , University of Rijeka, Campus, Sveučilišna avenija 4, Rijeka , every month, according to the schedule published in the News section;
o listening comprehension
o reading comprehension
o knowledge of grammatical structures
The candidate must have a minimum of 60% of correct answers in each area in order to pass the test. The candidate should prepare one topic from everyday life he/she is familiar with for the oral part of the test. He/she will briefly present it (5 minutes) and then talk about it with the language instructor.
After passing the test, the candidate will be issued a certificate in order to obtain permanent residence in the Republic of Croatia The certificate is signed by the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences in Rijeka.